The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) Transfer award offers a select number of students a reduced tuition rate, in recognition of their academic achievement and ability to contribute to their chosen field.  WUE Transfer scholars who meet the selection and renewal criteria can receive this award for up to a total of six (6) semesters or until their degree is complete, whichever comes first.  Transfer students who are selected for the WUE Transfer award will receive a letter (to their mailing address on file) stating they have received the award; this letter will also list the terms and conditions of the award. It will also be noted that they are a WUE scholar on the financial aid “Awards” page of their RAMweb.

To be considered for the WUE Transfer award, Transfer students must be seeking a degree through Colorado State University’s main campus (not CSU Online), be a resident of a WUE eligible state, have their primary major as a WUE eligible major, and have submitted a complete Application for Admission by June 1 for Fall and November 1 for Spring (WUE will not be awarded to students starting in the summer semester).

For 2018-2019, the annual estimated value of the WUE award is $9,600 (based on 2017-2018 tuition and fees); amount subject to change based on tuition and fees for each year.  To view the WUE tuition and fee schedule, please review the tuition and fee tables.

WUE eligible states include:

Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands
New Mexico
North Dakota
South Dakota

WUE eligible majors include:

(Students must have a WUE eligible major as their primary major, and remain in one of the WUE eligible majors)

Agricultural Business
Agricultural Education
Animal Science
Apparel & Merchandising
Construction Management
Ecosystem Science & Sustainability
Environmental Health
Environmental Horticulture
Environmental and Natural Resource Economics
Family and Consumer Sciences
Hospitality Management
Interior Design
Landscape Architecture
Natural Resource Tourism
Nutrition & Food Science
Rangeland Ecology
Soil & Crop Sciences
Watershed Science

*Students cannot receive the WUE Transfer award with the Phi Theta Kappa or Ram Transfer Scholarships, or the Native American Legacy Award, GI Promise or Yellow Ribbon programs. The lower valued award will be cancelled.