How do I receive my stipend?
- Apply – The application is available on the College Opportunity Fund website.
- Authorize – Grant CSU the permission to request your stipend from the state of Colorado.
- Authorize as a part of Registration Ready or from the link provided on your RAMweb home.
- Register – Register for resident instruction (RI), undergraduate courses on RAMweb.
- Student Account – For the 2017-2018 academic year, the amount of the stipend is $77 per RI credit. The stipend will be applied to your tuition costs and printed on your student account billing statement.
You must provide the university your social security number or College Opportunity Fund (COF) assigned ID number. This allows the university to request your stipend from the state. This must be done by the end of the term in which you are eligible for the stipend.
What is my lifetime credit limit?
The law creating the College Opportunity Fund caps a 1st bachelors student’s stipend at 145 credit hours; 2nd bachelors students are granted an additional 30 credit hours. If you meet or exceed the limit, you may be eligible for an institutional waiver. Institutional waivers are granted for a maximum of one year. After university census (course add/course drop) for the term, the university will identify those students eligible for an institutional waiver. No application is necessary. Waivers will be granted to students eligible and on track to receive their degree. Students must be in good academic standing. If selected to receive a waiver, you will be notified by email.
Institutional waivers are awarded, on a term by term basis, for 12 consecutive months. If you have exhausted your institutional waiver, or you are ineligible for an institutional waiver, you may apply to the State of Colorado for a commission waiver.