Before you may receive any financial aid you have been awarded, you must maintain certain eligibility criteria outlined below.
To qualify for financial aid you must:
Be Admitted to a Degree-Seeking Program
- Apply for admissions to Colorado State University at admissions.colostate.edu.
- If you have been awarded a degree from Colorado State University, you must be admitted to a new degree-seeking program to continue receiving aid. Admission to a new degree program may change the type of aid you are eligible to receive.
Complete All Requirements
Enroll at Least Half-time Each Semester
- Undergraduate Student: 6-8 credits is half-time enrollment
- Graduate Student: 5-7 credits is half-time enrollment
- Audit and test-out or placement credits do not count toward enrollment requirements
- Enrollment in courses that do not apply to your program of study may not count toward your enrollment status for financial aid
Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
Credit requirements for financial aid
Credit requirements to receive institutional aid may vary, see chart below.
|Federal Pell Grant||12+ credits = 100%||9-11 credits = 75%||6-8 creduts = 50%||1-5 credits = 25%
|Colorado Student Grant|
Federal Supplemental Educational
|9+ credits = 100% ||6-8 credits = 50%||0-5 credits = 0%
|CSU Tuition Assistance Grant|
CSU Ram Grant
|12+ credits* = 100%|
|0 - 11 credits = 0%
|Colorado Graduate Grant||7+ credits** = 100%||5-6 credits = 50%||0-4 credits = 0%
|Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan||6+ credits = 100% ||0-5 credits = 0%
|Federal Direct Subsidized/|
|Undergraduate: 6+ credits = 100%|
Graduate: 5+ credits = 100%
|0-5 credits = 0%
0-4 credits = 0%
|Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan||5+ credits = 100%||0-4 credits = 0%
|Health Professions Loan||5+ credits = 100%||0-4 credits = 0%
|Scholarships||Undergraduate: 12+ credits* = 100%|
Graduate: 9+ credits* = 100%
|0-11 credits = 0%
0=8 credits = 0%
|*One class must be regular instruction, on-campus; you must be enrolled through CSU’s main campus, not
through CSU Online
|**You must be enrolled through CSU’s main campus, not through CSU Online.