Skip to main content
1. Create a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The FAFSA is the federal government’s application to determine financial aid eligibility for most types of financial aid
- Complete the FAFSA as early as October 1st each year.
- Use federal tax return information to complete the FAFSA. We encourage you to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool once Federal tax returns have been filed. Otherwise, we may ask you to provide a tax return transcript, if selected for verification
- List Colorado State University-Fort Collins to receive your information. Our school code is 0013500.
3. Verify Information on Your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Federal Student Aid will send you a SAR with your FAFSA information.
- Review all information for accuracy.
- If any of the information is inaccurate, please login to the FAFSA, make corrections, and submit.
- Keep all submitted information for your records
4. Next Steps
- We will notify you, via your @Rams e-mail, regarding your next steps in the financial aid process. Check your email regularly, it is the primary way we communicate with students.