Scholarship Searches, Scams, and Tips
There are many scholarship searches available. Some of them are excellent sources of information and others are not reputable. Review information at Scholarship Scam Alert .
Several Colorado State University students have recently received a mailing from College Financial Advisory. College Financial Advisory is not a federal, state, or University organization. The Office of Financial Aid at Colorado State University does not recommend scholarship searches that require a fee.
Here are a few scholarship tips that can help you get started in the right direction.
- Be organized and be honest!
- Follow instructions carefully
- Proofread your application
- Apply to as many sources as possible
- Apply each year of attendance
- Pay attention to deadlines – most scholarship deadlines are between December and April.
Be sure to complete the CSU Scholarship Application (CSUSA)
For more tips, see: